Tuesday, September 13, 2022

 Sept 13th

I’ve been taking pictures of the beautiful sunsets.   The sun has been blood red as it sets for several days.  I want so bad to capture it but my pictures always have a glow in the middle instead of being blood red.  I woke up this morning pondering this ~ the sunset is when the sun is leaving.  The sun is symbolic of the Son of God.  Somewhere in the grand scheme of things by the laws of science it was designed that our cameras would always pick up that ray of light.  He never leaves us, He is always brightening up a new day somewhere in the world.  I cannot see the sun this morning because of all the smoke in the air but the darkness is fading and there is light.   I am grateful for my Savior and Lord Jesus Christ. I know He is always there for all of us.


Faith

1. Faith is knowing the sun will rise, lighting each new day.

Faith is knowing the Lord will hear my prayers each time I pray.

Faith is like a little seed:

If planted, it will grow.

Faith is a swelling within my heart.

When I do right, I know.


2. Faith is knowing I lived with God before my mortal birth.

Faith is knowing I can return when my life ends on earth.

Faith is trust in God above;

In Christ, who showed the way.

Faith is strengthened; I feel it grow

Whenever I obey.


Children's song book 

Words: Beatrice Goff Jackson, b. 1943. © 1978 IRI

Music: Michael Finlinson Moody, b. 1941. © 1978 IRI

Hebrews 11:1   Alma 32:28, 42–43  


“I believe in the sun
even when it is not shining
And I believe in love,
even when there’s no one there.
And I believe in God,
even when He is silent.
I believe through any trial,
there is always a way
But sometimes in this suffering
and hopeless despair
My heart cries for shelter,
to know someone’s there
But a voice rises within me, saying hold on
my child, I’ll give you strength,
I’ll give you hope. Just stay a little while.
I believe in the sun
even when it is not shining
And I believe in love
even when there’s no one there
But I believe in God
even when he is silent
I believe through any trial
there is always a way.
May there someday be sunshine
May there someday be happiness
May there someday be love
May there someday be peace….”


― Unknown (written during WW2, on the wall of a cellar, by a Jew in the Cologne concentration camp)

No comments: